When you read the benefits of aerobic exercise, it’s a no brainer to include steady state cardio or circuit training between 120-130 bpm for 25+ mins in your workouts.
- Decreased risk of injury (esp in late stages of games)
- Less stress & anxiety
- Better memory and recall as well as ability to learn new motor patterns
- Increased ability to recover from bursts of activity
- Improved heart health and efficiency
- Lower rate of glycogen depletion during exercise
- Better sleep quality
Try a heart rate monitor or measure easily using a watch and feeling your pulse for how many beats you have for 15s and then multiplying by 4. Include this at least 2x/week and build on your endurance gradually and with at least a day in between bouts to avoid overuse type scenarios. Running, swimming, biking, rowing, a circuit of exercises, its really your choice so mix it up and have fun!
Found this tip helpful?
If yes, subscribe below and get new health and fitness tips to live life pain and drug free