Here at Performance Spine & Sports Medicine we offer interdisciplinary care to our pediatric patients and their families.
Our clinicians include highly skilled sports medicine physicians, acupuncturists, massage therapists, chiropractors, physical therapists and exercise specialists.
The experience at PSSM is unparalleled and focuses on the highest level of care possible. Providers strive to help patients achieve their goals, improve their function in daily and recreational activities and provide them with the tools to prevent future injury. Clinicians at PSSM specialize in treatment for pediatric patients of all ages.
Common Conditions we treat:
- Osgood Schlatters Disease
- Low back pain
- Sports injuries
- Dance injuries
- Figure skating performance
All patients receive a comprehensive initial evaluation to determine the source of pain or dysfunction. Based on the findings, a personalized program is compiled to address all of the patients’ needs.
Physical Therapy Pediatric assessments & treatments may include:
- Functional movement screen (FMS)
- Selective functional movement assessment (SFMA)
- Manual therapy: MFR & Active release technique (ART)
- Strengthening / Conditioning
- Balance Training
- Plyometrics & Sports-related drills
- Pilates & Yoga-based training
- Developmental sequencing
- Taping (Kinesiotape / rock tape / leukotape)
- Modalities – iontophoresis, Laser therapy, TENS, Neuromuscular electric stimulation (NMES), game ready vasopneumatic device & ultrasound, if age appropriate.